Tuesday, February 18, 2014

An Ode to Summer








An Ode to Summer


Summer after all is a time where wonderful things 

can happen to quiet people. 

In those few months you are not required to be who everyone thinks you are
And that cut grass smell in the air 
and the chance to dive in the deep end of a pool give us the courage we don't have the rest of the year
You can be grateful and easy
with no eyes on you
and no past
Summer just opens the door 
and lets you
out




This winter seems never ending. 
Just this afternoon, we are due in for another winter storm. 
I itch at my winter skin, wanting to shed it off in place for my lighter spring and summer skin.
Every time I taste a strawberry I feel the warm seasons promised return on the tip of my tongue and smothered across my lips.


I watch Kinfolk's Ode to Summer often these days.
The imagery allows me to escape and feel inspired for what I want my summer to be like. 

I hope you guys are all doing alright in this bitter weather where ever you are. 
I am looking forward to seeing the flowers bloom. I can just feel it coming soon!


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig