Monday, September 29, 2014

MON// Covering Your Bases Foundation Series / Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme


Hello everybody! Happy Monday! I meant to see you sooner on Saturday. I had a new post all written up and ready to go but due to some technical issues I wasn't able to get it up for you all and I apologize for that. This morning, I drove all the way to my class to find out it was cancelled. At first I was frustrated because its a long commute to school and back but then it struck me, " I now have some time to sit down and blog! hooray!" After a quick coffee break, here I am to chat about a new base I am loving. This is a continuation of a post I did on the NARS Sheer Glow foundation which you can read my thoughts about here X
 Now that I work in a mall I am directly across from a Sephora. Which as you could assume is pretty dangerous for a beauty blogger/ makeup junkie. I am able to waltz in everyday and be tempted by pretty makeup. That is exactly what happened when I strolled into the store a couple weeks ago and saw that they had introduced the brand BECCA into the store. I just about squealed! After hearing so much about this brand I finally got to try it out first hand. The two products I was most intrigued by was their Shimmering Skin Perfectors and this, The Ultimate Complexion Creme Foundation. I took home a sample of this foundation and used it for about a week. After finishing it up and going back to NARS Sheer Glow, I was missing this foundation a lot and after another week I decided to pick it up and have been using it everyday since. 


Packaging // Design

If you read my review on NARS Sheer Glow you would know my mild irritation I have with its lack of a pump. It not only makes the bottle messy with time, but if you are not careful you end up pouring out way too much product onto the back of your hand, wasting precious foundation. There is a simple solution, NARS sells a separate pump but, after forking out the hefty amount of cash for that foundation I think it should just come with one.
The Becca foundation however, does come with a pump which I really missed. The rest of the packaging is pretty sleek with a long matte bottle. It is not glass, so it is travel friendly, but, you are not able to see how much product is left as you use it. Its a trade off, and I much prefer a pump so I am able to control how much I use. 

Color Range

This foundation has a bloody fantastic color range with 20 shades to choose from. There are shades for pink, yellow and neutral undertones. The color range goes from very pale to pretty dark. This product kinda accommodates for everyone. e chose the shade " Shell" which is described as "fair beige" with neutral undertones. Even though I have a slightly yellow undertone I find this shade works best for me personally. 

Application

So, this foundation reminded me a lot of MAC Studio Fix Foundation when I first applied it. It is a thicker consistency foundation and even smells similar! But the two are different. I am not a huge fan of Studio fix at all. The scent lingers on the skin far too long, the color range is not that great, especially for paler skin tones and lastly Studio Fix feels pretty heavy to me and breaks me out, bad. Like all my other foundations I apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and that works great. I am liking this foundation's application because it takes less time to buff into the skin and does not leave any brush marks. 

Coverage

This past month my skin has been very misbehaved and I have dealt with a lot of grief, pain and embarrassment with my hormonal cystic acne and the scars that they leave behind. NARS Sheer Glow has a medium buildable coverage which worked really, really well, especially in the summer when my skin wasn't "as" bad. It does cover well at the beginning of the day but, I was noticing that as the day pressed on NARS Sheer Glow wasn't holding up on my face as well and my acne was there to show that. One of the reasons I was intrigued by Becca's foundation is that it is marketed as full coverage and that is what I felt I needed. Now that I have it I can say that it lives up to its full coverage name. You don't need that much to cover your full face. It covers my spots fairly well ( cystic acne is very hard to cover up) and even more it covers up my scars fantastically. I feel like a totally better version of myself with this foundation. Not only that but it seems to last much longer on my skin. I can work a full shift at The Body Shop and my foundation holds up great, sometimes a little extra concealing is needed but, overall the coverage and texture of this foundation is dreamy indeed.  

Overall Thoughts 

This post seemed like a big comparison post but because this was a recent change of foundations I felt that was the most honest way of describing this foundation. I still stand by that NARS Sheer Glow is a beautiful foundation and I still love it but I think it suites me better as a summer/spring foundation when the weather is hotter and I won't be able to bear a thicker foundation on my face. Becca's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme is great for these upcoming autumn and winter months. Its not matte but its certainly less glowy than NARS Sheer Glow and keeps me covered for busy days at school and work. The price of this foundation is $44 dollars which is still really pricey but you are getting a really great product that will last you a long time because you don't need to pump out that much for a full face. It has no harmful ingredients and the color range and coverage is lovely. I would highly recommend if you are in the market to try this foundation out.  

That's all I have for you today. I hope you all enjoyed National Coffee Day!

Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this foundation, what is your take? Also, please if you would like to see a review, or have anything you would like me to expand or write a post on let me know! I am inspired by your thoughts!

Have a great week! See you soon!

- A 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have been dying to try Sheer Glow, but I agree the pump looks like it could get messy!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig