Monday, August 11, 2014

M O N: Covering Your Bases Foundation Series//NARS Sheer Glow


I feel a perplexing mix of sadness and excitement when I finish up a foundation. Bummed that I ran out, excited to try something new. Recently my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua kicked the bucket. I loved that foundation quite a bit, I mentioned it in a myriad of posts x x. However, I was in the market for something with slightly higher coverage. My skin has not been that great as of late and I feel pretty self conscious about it.
For a while I had been lusting for the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I did some more digging on it and despite its name I found that most people described it as a medium build-able coverage which made me even more enthused about it. Soon after I finished the Chanel foundation, I put sheer glow in my sights and then in my Sephora shopping bag..

Packaging//Design

NARS packaging is always gorgeous and sleek. This foundation comes in a chic but not so travel safe glass bottle with signature matte black topper. However, what's this? No pump? I am a little disgruntled about that. You can buy a pump separately, but this foundation is blooming expensive on its own I think it should just come with the pump along with purchase. Little annoying NARS, just sayin.. 

Color Range

This foundation comes in 18 different shades. Accommodating the three different undertones. I chose the lightest shade Siberia which is a neutral balance of yellow and pink undertones. 

Application

Besides the pain of it not having a pump I just place a tiny bit of the product to the back of my hand and buff it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. A little goes a long way with this product. It feels light on the skin but a little bit of slip to it making it a smidgen hard to blend. I might need to invest in one of those complexion sponges to smooth out those brush lines. 

Coverage

This foundation is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua's more modest cousin. Leaving your skin a little more covered up but still leaving a luminous finish to the skin. If you have super oily skin I might suggest to skip this foundation and maybe consider the NARS Sheer Matte foundation. However, if you are really dry or even have dry patches like me, I would apply a sheer amount of your preferred moisturizer before application, just so those dry patches are not emphasized. 

Price

I will cover this quickly. This foundation is not cheap and makes me wanna cry a little bit. A whopping $45 dollars per bottle is a bit steep. However, I will say it might be worth saving your hard earned pennies for.  

Overall Thoughts 

This foundation is fantastic it covers really well and looks very natural into the skin once it sets. As I said before, a little goes a long way with this stuff, meaning that it should be a while before I use it all up, making it a worth while investment. I get excited to use this every morning, its so choice, if you have the means...I would highly recommend picking up a bottle. ( Let me know if you get the movie reference I just made there! Kudos to you.) 

This post is apart of a series I am starting up reviewing foundations/bases. The next couple I will be reviewing will be options from the drugstore. Let me know if there is any foundation you would like me to review. I hope you find these reviews helpful! 
As always, you can follow me on all social media sites linked in the sidebar. I hope you are all having a wonderful week! See you later!
- A 

S H O P 


2 comments:

  1. I quite like Nars sheer glow (and it definitely does blend better with a sponge) but I found it much more difficult to wear it last winter than when I bought it in the Summer. I think your skin needs to be fairly good in the first place to make it look good.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. I wish my skin was in better condition while wearing it because I know it would look even more fantastic, despite that I think I am going to invest in a complexion sponge to get achieve a better finish. :)
      - A xoxo

      Delete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig