Monday, October 13, 2014

MON// NARS Audacious Lipstick/ Charlotte


Hello everyone! How has the world been treating you? I have been managing a whole lot on my plate lately, which has been rough but I am hoping I can piece my life back together by the end of this month. ( whew! deep breaths) 
One of the best things that happened this month was receiving the loveliest package in the mail from my new blogger friend, Sydney, who runs a fantastic blog herself. She sent me amazing little bundle of beauty goodies. One of those goodies was this, The NARS Audacious Lipstick in the shade Charlotte. All I can say is that I am extremely thankful to receive a generous gift such as this. ( I am floored!)  I had been wanting one of these lipsticks for a while. This is a product from NARS's new and improved collection of lipsticks and they are no short of breathtaking. ( Well done Nars, you've done it again.


Packaging//Desgin

One of the most winning aspects of the NARS Audacious collection is its packaging. In one word its luxe. Sleek, and modern with the subtle branding on the package and on the lipstick bullet itself. Not only that, but the cap to the lipstick is magnetic, creating that satisfying *click* upon closing. ( Gets me every time, it is just so satisfying!)  

"Charlotte Sometimes"//  In my growing collection of lipsticks I still remain true to wearing reds and dark berry tones, especially now that it is autumn. Charlotte is described as a "oxblood burgundy". When swatched, I also find this shade has a hint of berry color in it. Its a perfect vampy shade for this autumn season. 


Formula//Texture 

NARS Audacious Lipsticks have a ultra soft creamy texture with full color saturation. It feels weightless on the lips and does not slip and slide nor does it feel too dry. All and all its a very comfortable lipstick to wear and it is very long lasting. Honestly, it probably would last a little bit longer on my lips if I weren't rubbing my lips together all the time. ( bad habit.) However, when it does wear off I do find that it leaves a pleasant stain in its wake instead of a patchy mess.  


Price//

Now, NARS is not known for being affordable or anything so it is not surprising to find that their new lipsticks do not come cheap. We are talking $32 a pop. However, this lipstick is a real treat and I believe one should be allowed to treat themselves to a nice lipstick once in a while. Had a rough time lately? Get yourself a smashing lipstick from the NARS Audacious Collection! You deserve it gorgeous! 


Have any of you tried the new lipstick collection from NARS? What are your thoughts? Leave your thoughts in the comments below! I hope you all are having a great long weekend! 

See you soon! 

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig