Sunday, September 25, 2016

Halloween at Acres Of Wildlife



Hello all, I just came back this afternoon from camping! and I wanted to share my experience from there!
Annually, at the end of September Acres of Wildlife in Baldwin Maine puts on a special Halloween themed camping weekend. There are a variety of different activities and besides that you are encouraged to decorate your campsite for trick or treating!

It was actually quite chilly this weekend. The temperatures dropped from the low 80s down to around 50 and 40 degrees. Pretty cold for sleeping at night but we made it! Even if we had to wear beanies to bed.

Some of the activities Acres offers are carving your own pumpkin, making a sundae, tractor hayrides through camp(for kids), making jump-rope, a haunted walk and a dance. But, if none of those things are appealing its still just as fun to chill out at the campsite or walk around and enjoy nature and look at how others have decorated their campsites. There were some really cute decorations out. We also took advantage of making sundaes. They were very yummy.


(Above is Brittney modeling her sundae which was arguably the prettiest sundae out of the three of us.)
I love to decorate things, especially for Halloween because it's my favorite holiday, the featured photo at the top of the post was our finished result at night. We focused a lot on lighting. We also had a small graveyard and a couple of skeletons all named, ( Barbra, Steven, Yorick and Captain Pickles).



Trick or treating was a blast our campsite was extremely popular. However, it didn't last too long we severely underestimated the amount of candy we would need and ran out pretty quickly. I also took this opportunity to dress up as well in my skeleton garb, though I decided to keep my halloween cardigan on because it was very cold. I also found some stickable glittery bats to adorn myself with.  


After trick or treating was over we all sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows for smore's and also some hot-dogs. I love the smell of fire and smoke, it just reminds me of the fall season. 


Overall, it was a really great time and I would highly recommend going if you get the opportunity.  




Hope you are all having a great week! 
See you soon! 

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig