Saturday, July 6, 2013

July the Fourth

Hello my dears.
It's been a scorcher these past couple days!
Is it hot where you are? 
I am here to share with you how my fourth of July was spent.

1923 Saturday Evening Post Fourth of July - cover art by J.C. Leyendecker
(Source: Pinterest) 




This was my outfit from the Fourth of July.

I do wear a lot black in my wardrobe but recently these past couple months my wardrobe has been evolving. 
I am letting my imagination grow wider for acres and acres as to what I can put together for an ensemble. 
Though almost always these days my outfits incorporate hats. 
I really, really like hats.

Outfit Details
Frock: " Give It Your Toile"- Modcloth.com
Blouse: Forever 21
Hat: My Sisters Garage Vintage
Stockings: Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Go Jane.com ( unseen) 
Bird-skull Necklace: Newbury Comics

At my home we host a lawn party with classic grilled hamburgers, steak and hot-dogs
soda lined up in barrels and a large american flag hung from the big maple.



Not only did we celebrate America's birthday but we also celebrated my cousin Kumiko's anniversary of U.S, Citizenship!
( Citizen Kumiko!)

( Kumiko on the left, Uncle Joe on the Right)

When the afternoon ceased I went to the famous Old Orchard Beach with some dear friends of mine and watched the fireworks.
I always think of fireworks as little faires lighting up the sky in swirls and star patterns.

                                          (Old Orchard Beach Fireworks, Photo credit goes to :alyssaxjay from deviantart.com) 

 If you did celebrate the fourth of July I hope it was grand!




1931 Saturday Evening Post Fourth of July - cover art by J.C. Leyendecker



- A 




                                                                  
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig