Thursday, May 8, 2014

T H U R S// Beauty Buys #1

#haul #beauty #makeup

Hello my dears, it's Thursday. My last day of the spring semester. I can now breathe a sigh of relief! Its been a trying school year. Somehow all the turmoil feels worth it when  summer arrives and the sun kisses your tired skin. 

In my last post I mentioned I was really liking a mini sample of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation. I decided to bite the bullet and grab it. I do require a bit more coverage than this base provides but it's nothing a good concealer can't fix. I will probably write up a full post on it soon but the consensus is that I really enjoy it.

My other beauty buy recently is a creamy lip stain from the Sephora brand. In the shade -- Always Red. I was turned onto this because of lovely blogger, Amelia Liana of LianaBeauty.com

read her review in her lip product addict tag FT. Essiebutton X


When I saw her wear this I thought it was really pretty. She then added that this product had really, REALLY great staying power. Claiming that she could eat a burger and the lipstick would still be perfectly intact. 
By then I was sold because red lipstick is so difficult to keep on the lips. After giving it a test run I would agree with Amelia's assessment. It stayed on my lips for the larger portion of the day and lasted through a meal of homemade stir-fry! (yum!)
This shade of red is bright and on the warmer side which makes it great for summer. The other plus about this product is that its really affordable! at $13 

Find it here X

This week is looking pretty great so far. I have some other products from The Body Shop that I picked up and need to be reviewed. Is there anything that you guys want me to talk about? or a product you think I would like? I would love some feedback! 

I hope you are all doing well! I will see you soon. Catch up with me on Twitter or Instagram!

Find Me!
Twitter : @AllegraShortill
Instagram: morbidcupcakes 
Bloglovin: TheBatsandRabbits

- A 



2 comments:

  1. I've also been quite interested in the lip stain after hearing from Amelia Liana! Too bad that we don't have Sephora in Hong Kong anymore. :/

    Cheers,
    Lilian
    http://honeyinthetea.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I am sorry to hear that! Lillian! we should do a beauty swap! I can send you the lip cream in the color of your choice and you can send me a beauty product from Hong Kong that you love? maybe! We could be blogging friends <3
      let me know love! :3
      xo
      - Allegra

      Delete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig