Sunday, July 27, 2014

S U N // Sunday Bookclub


Happy Sunday my friends! 

Are you that type person that likes to dedicate Sunday as their "mental preparation" day. Meaning, that you spend the majority of the day still in pj's, and making permanent residence in your bed sheets? Sunday is my mental recharge day. Recently, I have been trying to read more on Sundays when I don't have anything particularly planned. It can be really difficult to disconnect from my best friend called my laptop. My addiction to the internet is scarily strong. I really have to discipline myself to go and do other things besides scrolling on Bloglovin or Pinterest!  
I used to love reading books as a kid. I would always stay up really late in the night being sucked into fictional universes. I really miss those days! I have even less of an excuse these days because I spend just about every afternoon in a bookstore cafe where there are thousands of tempting titles to choose from.  

These are the books I have been reading as of late. 
Z : A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler & #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
Two very different books but I suppose I am covering my bases with one being fiction and the other a biographical motivational novel.

Z, gives the reader a glimpse into the glorious lives of the rich and famous during the Jazz Age, more specifically the life of Zelda Fitzgerald and F. Scott Fitzgerald, the Golden Couple of the 1920s.  However, this novel focuses more on Zelda's point of view and reveals the complicated nuances of the Fitzgerald's life and marriage. During the time period, women did not have very much of a voice but in this novel Zelda is given a voice, a beautiful one that in her lifetime she simply did not have. I was intrigued to read this book after finishing, The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain which is a historical fiction following Ernest Hemmingway's wife, Hadley Richardon. Like many, I am enchanted by the 1920's. Such a fascinating and decadent time in history. Decadence that one sometimes longs for today. I am more than halfway through this book. It is wonderfully written and I would highly recommend it.

On the other side of the spectrum is #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso. 
" A #GirlBoss is in charge of her own life. She gets what she wants because she works for it."

Sophia Amuruso is the founder and CEO of the clothing company, Nasty Gal. A company that is one of the fastest growing retailers in the US. Amoroso is probably the most kick-ass person I have ever read about and this book is just as kick-ass. I think every blogger should read this book, its very motivational and full of reality checks & wake up calls This book is part biographical on Amoroso's fascinating life, the rest contains life lessons or rather, observations about life that definitely inspire you to get off your butt and get  productive. 
It is hard for me to describe how amazing this book is. It is chalk full of raw wisdom that everyone needs to hear. It reminds you that most people do not get anywhere just based on "luck". People become successful through hard work and perseverance. I think that is something everyone, especially beginner bloggers like myself need to hear and be reminded of. You can really get success if you push through the hurdles and work hard for what you want.  You will not want to put this book down! Unless you are putting it down to start writing to do lists for whatever you have been meaning to tend to in your life! Convinced yet? 


I named this post " Sunday Bookclub" because I really want to hear what you dolls are reading or maybe inspire you to pick up a book and read something.
 Lets all give each other book recommendations and try to get each other turning those pages instead of scrolling through pages on the internet. ( Not like that is a bad thing. I am guilty of that too.)
 Leave your favorite titles in the comment section below! 

In other news I am keeping a notebook of some blog post ideas but if any of you have any suggestions of what you would like to see here on The Bats & Rabbits  please leave your suggestions below! I really appreciate it. 

I hope you all are having a fantastic week. I will see you all very soon! 
                                                         -  A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig