Tuesday, July 22, 2014

T U E S// The Liebster Award


Hello all! Happy Tuesday! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award a couple of times now, I wanted to apologize to all that have nominated me in the past because I had never got around to finishing those posts. Time would get ahead of me and it would feel too late to post them! So I am super duper sorry I never got to them because I really wanted to get them up! I am trying to be better at that so I am attending to this one! 
To those of you who are not informed about The Liebster Award I will give you a short synopsis. 
The Liebster Award, is sort of like a cyber award handed around to bloggers and once the recipient has answered 11 questions, they pass it on to 11 other bloggers with their own thought up questions. It's just another great way to connect with other bloggers and get to know them a tiny bit through the set of questions. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. So lets get started! 

Rule

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, this will be provided by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 1000 followers 
4. Create a new list for nominees to answer 
5. List the rules in your post 
6. Inform the bloggers you have nominated, provide a link to your post so that they can learn more about it

I was nominated by lovely Elizabeth, who runs Fashion Is My First Language, thank you for nominating me! 

Let's get started with these questions! 

 1.What are your favourite books,if you have any?
I have a few, right now I am enjoying #GirlBoss by Sophia Amuroso. I have a review on that book coming up soon. I also love The Secret Garden & Night Circus. 

2.How did you come up with your blog name?
I came up with The Bats & Rabbits because they are two of my favorite animals and they also represented two sides of my aesthetic tastes. One is a little dark, elegant and whimsical and the other is bright, curious and "cute-sy".  

3.What's your favourite shop?It doesn't have to be a clothes shop by the way!

I have way too many favorite shops. My love for ASOS & Modcloth is growing quicker daily. I also love my dear mothership, Sephora. I also love local shops and their branding as well. I can admit that I am a shopaholic and can't pin down an exact favorite.
4. Who are your style inspirations?
Again, I feel as though I have way too many since I follow so many style blogs. However, I am currently obsessed with Steffys Pros & Cons, Flashes of Style and Finch & Fawn. These ladies are all so unimaginably gorgeous and all have enviable wardrobes. 

5.Do you have a favourite item of clothing?
My newest obsession are stripes. Can't tell you how many striped clothing items I have collected in the past two months. So I would say striped shirts, I think ;).

6.Where is your favourite place in the world?
Anywhere with my best friend. I loved London, Ireland, Paris and most recently I fell in love with California. I would love to move there someday. I love it here in Maine where I live but my favorite place is in good company. Hope that's not too cheesy! 


7. If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would you choose?
Oh gosh..my inner five year old is screaming "pizza" in my head right now I am trying to think of a better answer. I suppose I would choose my special stir fry noodle recipe because I made it myself and it's so delicious. That being said if I could have a delectable cupcake everyday in my life without gaining weight that would be a great option as well :p.
8. What are your hobbies?
Right now I would say blogging is my sole hobby ,because it encompasses my love for beauty, photography, diy and writing. Someday I hope to make my hobby a career. We will see what happens that is a long ways from now. For now I will just continue to focus on writing and being here for you all.  

9.If you have the chance to go travel the world,where would you go first?
I would go to Japan, it has always been a dream of mine to go there since I was in middle school. I love Japanese culture and I would love to go there. I think second on that list is the Netherlands because of my older sister's amazing experience there.
10. Do you have any pieces of sentimental jewelry?
I can't think of any at the moment. 
11. If you could model for any fashion house in the world,what would it be?
Oh boy! I would mode for Free People in a heartbeat. Their photoshoots are so beautiful and creative and the models are styled so beautifully. That would be a dream! 

And that is the end of the questions! 
Here are my nominations:



Novelette 

Threadsanddaises

Little Free Closet 



Nominees....Here are your questions:

1. How would you describe your personal style?
2. What is your favorite season and why?
3. Why did you start blogging?
 4. What/Who is currently inspiring you? 
5. What are your favorite foundations? Drugstore or Highend
6. If you could choose to live anywhere else in the world where would you live?
7. What is your favorite interior style: Modern, Shabby Chic, Elegant, Full White interiors?
8. Describe yourself in three words
9. What does a normal day in your life look like? 
10.What would you do today, if you knew you could not fail.
11. What is one key piece of advice you have learned through blogging so far?




Thank you all for reading! I hope you are all having a great week! 
                                                                           - A 










3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for answering!I adored your answers xx
    -Elizabeth
    Fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much! I'm excited to be nominated and to participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, lovely! It was so much fun to read to your answers! And I highly encourage moving to California, I'm biased towards San Francisco... ;)
    XO Camey

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig