Sunday, October 26, 2014

SUN// MAC Cranberry Shadow




Happy Sunday everyone! 
As mentioned in my last post regarding Makeup Forever's Artist Shadows (X), I have been really into eye shadows lately. I am more often drawn to a warmer color palette which is why the original Lorac Pro Palette (X is one of my favorite palettes of all time. I particularly love the shade "Garnet" which as you could imagine is a beautiful deep burgundy shade ( absolutely fantastic placed on the outer corner of the eye) However, I was craving something a little different, I was on the search for a very unique kind of color I have not really seen in other brands. That is why when I spotted this little beauty at the local MAC counter I knew I found what I was looking for.

Packaging//Design
All of MAC's permanent line of single eye shadows have the same packaging. A little black capsule with a clear top so you can easily know what shade you are using and very subtle branding. Eventually, if you collect enough shadows from MAC it might be simpler to pop out the pans and put them in a magnetic palette like a Z palette ( you can get a Z palette right from Sephora if it suits your fancy X) so your beauty desk does not get too cluttered. 

Pigmentation// Texture 

MAC's Cranberry is described as a " Red plum with pink shimmer" It is the perfect shadow to add warmth to any look. It has a frosted finish and blends out like a dream. 

This shade is actually very versatile though it may look intimidating to some. Just a touch of this shadow in the crease is beautiful as well as blended out just on its own. Currently, I like placing a champagne color on the inner corner and towards the center of the lid and then cranberry blended out from the middle, a touch in the crease blended out in the outer corner. 

Overall Thoughts
This shadow has been a essential part of my growing eye shadow collection. I even take it with me in my makeup bag now because I have been using it everyday. It has an amazing color payoff, no fallout, versatile, and flattering on everyone. Priced reasonably at $16 I would recommend any of you to go out and swatch this shadow. It's so unique and I have yet to find anything quite as special. Personally I believe this would make a grand addition to anyone's makeup collection.

Have you tried MAC Cranberry? What are your favorite eye shadows from MAC? Lets start a conversation in the comments below! 

I hope you all are having a restful Sunday today. Take some time to pamper yourself so that you can be well rested and prepared for the upcoming week.

See you all next time! 
- A 

SHOP//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig