Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sat// October Beauty Favorites


Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope you all had a great Halloween and start to November. October, was a pretty rough month for me with all sorts of ups and downs, but I did find that I was loving some amazing products last month and thought that although we are making good headway through November already I would share what products I was loving last month.


The Bodyshop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum

I thought I would start things off with a skincare favorite this month. Although I do my best to take care of my skin I seem to be in constant battle with it. Dealing with hormonal acne, scarring, etc. When applying foundation I have to deal with the underlying texture of my "worse for wear" current skin. However, last month since starting work at The Bodyshop I have been taking home some products to try and let me tell you, when I tried the Vitamin C Skin Boost one morning before foundation I was left feeling legitimately shocked at how smooth and soft my skin felt. Not only does this serum boost radiance ( which I need living in a place with fairly little sun this time of year) but it also acts as a wonderful primer that helps to smooth everything out. Also, not to mention that it has an amazing citrus smell that is great to use in the morning. Usually, serums tend to be used at night so they can get straight to work, but this product is a early bird and now a staple in my morning routine.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation

This product I mentioned recently in my "Whats In My Makeup Bag" post ( X ) and I also wrote up a full review on it a while back. (X) This product has been a long time favorite of mine. During the month of October this found its way back into my life because being on the go from morning till night requires a little touching up now and again. It also was a lifesaver for when I didn't have time in the morning to apply my favorite liquid foundations, I just brought this guy along and could easily and quickly get my base done "lickety split!"

Becca Shimmering Perfector in Opal 

If there was a "mega favorite" among these favorites this product would be that favorite. Highlighting, is probably my favorite step to my makeup routine I feel that adding a beautiful glow to my complexion just pulls everything all together, ( like adding a final glaze to a piece of pottery.) This particular highlighter gives that "modelesque" glow to the skin and it is just breathtaking. If you want to read my full thoughts on this gem I did a full post here. (X)

MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow 

I wasn't sure I was going to mention this because I just wrote a full post on this guy (X) and it was also a discovery towards the end of the month but I have just been using and loving this eyeshadow so much. Whether you use it all on its own or in conjunction with other shadows this color is simply gorgeous and so versatile, perfect for the fall and the winter season ahead.

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte

This recent release from NARS has stolen the hearts of many including my own. The luxury packaging, the ultimate color saturation ( we're talking "one swipe" full on color here!) the long-wear formula. Its all perfection and I crave to have more of these luxury lipsticks in my collection. The color that I have in Charlotte is a sumptuous oxblood/berry toned hybrid that is a masterpiece on the lips that I was sporting a ton last month. ( As I plan to do also, this month!


BodyShop Color Crush Lipstick "Crazy Sexy Crimson"

If you are looking for a more affordable option for a dark and beautiful lip, this lipstick was also a favorite last month. Another pick from The Body Shop, The Color Crush lipstick line certainly surprised me with how moisturizing and comfortable this felt on the lips. This little guy also comes with me in my makeup bag so when I feel like dressing up a look I can just pop this little baby on and be on my way.  


And that is a WRAP! for my monthly beauty favorites during the month of October! As I said above typically October, is one of my favorite months of the year but last month was pretty rough and stressful, the overall unhappiness I was feeling was only amplified by the fact that I knew it was a favorite month, however, I have been working hard and trying to sort things through. I have made a bunch of changes and changes that are still in the making. ( Will be updating you guys on some of that very soon.) 
It is almost a relief to me that the month of October is done now because I am not so focused on lost time and I can let go. Hello November, and hello! to new beginnings! 

I hope you all are enjoying a great weekend! 
What were your favorites this month? Let me know in the comments below!

For more beauty, lifestyle and fashion keep up with me and The Bats & Rabbits blog on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin and Instagram! Links are in the sidebar.

See you all soon! 
- A 


SHOP//
BodyShop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum $26 ( Right now on sale for $16.20 on The BodyShops Site!)

Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Mineral Foundation  $36.00

Becca Shimmering Perfector in Opal $39.00

MAC Cranberry Eye-Shadow $16.00

NARS Audacious Lipstick in "Charlotte" $32.00

BodyShop Color Crush Lipstick in "Crazy Sexy Crimson" $12.50 ( Now $7.50 on sale!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig