Monday, July 14, 2014

M O N: R E C I P E S // Strawberry & Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie



Smoothie

Good morning
The smoothie trend is really hot for the summer! My roommate/bestfriend and I have been concocting all sorts of different delicious combinations in the morning. Drinking a healthy nutrient-rich filled smoothie is a fantastic way to start the day! So I thought I would share with you one of my favorite smoothie recipes!
When I am building a smoothie I kinda " wing it" with measurements so your smoothie might taste a little different based on how much of each ingredient you put in. 
    

 S T R A W B E R R Y & B L U E B E R R Y  V A N I L L A - S M O O T H I E 

- First I start off by washing my baby Kale/Spinach Mix and put in a handful. Kale is a great green to put in your smoothie, its high in iron and powerful antioxidants its high in vitamin C and K and calcium. Its just dang good for you and if you want to sneak more veggies in your diet this is a good way to do that. 

- Next, I start throwing in my frozen berries which are much more cost effective than buying fresh fruit for smoothies. In this recipe I am using frozen blueberries & strawberries. I use about a handful for each. 

- After that I add in half of a big banana as a smooth element to the smoothie. Be wary, if you add too much banana that is all you will taste in the smoothie. 

- Then I pour in the liquids. For this I chose some Newmans Own All Natural Limemade & some carbonated water. 

- Lastly, comes a sprinkling of Vega Viva Vanilla Protein Powder and a dash of chia seeds. 

Mix these all together in a blender or a Nutri-Ninja, which is what I have at home and enjoy! 
Smoothie 2

If you decide to re-create this recipe please share with me how you like it! I hope you all are having a great week! 


If you like the content I have been posting on The Bats & Rabbits please be sure to follow me on bloglovin, twitter and instagram! It would mean a lot to me as I continue to work hard making this blog better everyday! Thank you. 

@AllegraShortill//@morbidcupcakes 
                                   - A 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, upon seeing the title of your post I was like 'YUMMY!' :P
    Gotta try this out soon! x

    http://honeyinthetea.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope that when you do decide to try it that you will love it!
      Thank you!
      - Allegra xo

      Delete
  2. Your blog is 100%, totally perfecccttt!
    I love it!

    http://megfynnthingsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    Meg xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I just came home from a very stressful day and this just cheered me right up! Thank you love.

      Delete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig